How to Rebalance your Chakras during the Pandemic
It's obvious that the pandemic has impacted most of us in practical ways. It's also affected our energy systems, too. Here are some thoughts on how the pandemic may be influencing each chakra and some Covid-safe things to help rebalance them.
1st Chakra Fear, chaos, and uncertainty can knock the first chakra off balance. To help:
- deal with the basics, every day. Make a list (1st chakra loves structure), and check them off.
- take a break from the news.
The pandemic interrupted many of our daily routines and rituals, including how we feed our 2nd chakra with pleasure and beauty. To help nourish the second chakra:
- do something that gives you pleasure every day
- create or bring some beauty or joy into your sphere
- bring scents you love into your home-space
- go moon-gazing
- tend your beauty, e.g. a bath, a home facial or manicure, wearing something that makes you feel attractive.
The pandemic has made most of us feel pretty powerless, so boosting the third chakra is important.
- contemplate what you DO have control over, and take charge of that. For example, deal with things in your home that bug you.
- make and eat healthy food
- set small, achievable goals and track your progress
- belly breath
Isolation is hard on the heart center. The pandemic is isolating us from our loved ones, one primary 4th chakra area. But nature, that other great heart-chakra connection, is still available.
- get outside if you can. If you can't, look out a window, be present and connect to the sky, the birds, trees, etc.
- extend compassion to others who may be suffering, and do what you can for them
- do something for the larger good, whatever that means for you
- reach out to loved ones in whatever way you can.
The pandemic has stifled many of our usual means of self-expression. To fortify your throat chakra:
- mindfully create something. Endow it with "a special something" that expresses your uniqueness.
- call up a friend and listen to them deeply
- email or call an elected official about something that matters to you.
While nothing external can really impact the 6th and 7th chakras, 1st chakra-related concerns can certainly hijack your attention. Here are some things you can do to bolster your 6th chakra.
- contemplate what you're grateful for
- practice reframing something that feels negative to you
- listen to your intuition
- create an altar.
Finally, to support your crown chakra, you might:
- send positive energy or prayer to someone or something
- watch videos of your favorite spiritual teachers online
- re-connect to your spiritual practices and community.
I hope this gives you some ideas for bringing more balance to your energy system in these strange and challenging times.
--by Nancy Hausauer, reprinted from The Energy Healing Blog